[lug] rpmbuild error for binary packaging

hugh at math.byu.edu hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Nov 19 04:26:50 MST 2003

> I'm building an RPM from compiled binaries and keep getting an error.
> It seems this problem is intermittent with some packages on RH9 and with
> some architectures, as best that I can tell from Googling.  I've tried
> working around the error with "touch" n the %build and %install
> sections, but that doesn't help.  Has anyone seen this before?  Here is
> the error:
>
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /debugfiles.list
>    /debugsources.list
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /debugfiles.list
>    /debugsources.list

This means that the files were created in the build process but not
included in the package.  So, you can either include them in the package
or delete them before you get to the %files portion in the spec file.

> %build
> touch /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/%{name}-%{version}/debugfiles.list
> touch /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/%{name}-%{version}/debugsources.list
> echo

You have created the above two files and need to include them in the
%files directive.  You might try creating them as
%{BuildRoot}/usr/local/share/mythtv/debug....list  and then they should
get picked up by what's below.

> %files
> /usr/local/bin/mythtv
> /usr/local/include/mythtv/*