[lug] bad refresh going back to text mode from X on laptop.

Phil Rasch pjr at phaedrus.cgd.ucar.edu
Wed Nov 26 12:55:55 MST 2003

Brian Jarrett wrote:
much snipped............

> Brian

Maybe I missed something here, but have you tried the usual fixes for
dealing with suspend/resume problems on laptops?

On modern versions of linux it usually requires scripts stuck in
/etc/apm and modifications to the XF86Config-4 file to reset the mode.

A reasonable description can be found on
http://www.linuxlaptops.com/ll/xresume.html

If it doesnt make sense you can contact me offline and maybe I can
make suggestions.

Phil

--
Phil Rasch, Climate Modeling Section, National Center for Atmospheric Research
Mail     --> P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307