[lug] KDE Control Center problem

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Thu Nov 27 01:06:57 MST 2003

Terry Branaman wrote:

> I have a problem with kcontrol - there are no modules available. The
> list for the index and search are completely empty. I do not have any
> entries in the K menu Preferences entry either.
>
> Can anybody tell me where to find the information about the modules that
> should be available, configuration file(s) for kcontrol, etc? And how do
> I get the list back? I did a google search, and found one report that
> said that deleting my kcontrolrc file should bring back the entries, but
> that didn't have any effect.
>
> I am running Mandrake 9.1.
>
> Thanks.

I have not looked at Mandrake at all, but such a symptom has me highly
suspicious of directory and file permissions for the relevant config
files and modules. If the user running the control center does not have
permission for a file or a directory or an executable, then you would
probably see this behavior.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net