[lug] Comcast internet installer

Richard Hollos richard at exstrom.com
Sun Nov 30 08:59:17 MST 2003

Thought you might find this entertaining.

Last week a Comcast installer came to my Dad's house to install high speed
internet. My Dad has a Windoze and Suse dual boot machine. The installation
(with Windoze) went fine, but when the installer rebooted, she noticed the
dual boot option at startup. When she tested the download speed it was
slower than usual. She then concluded that the connection was slower because
it was a dual boot system. Then she noticed that the hard drive had more
than one partition. She then said that the partitioning is probably making
the downloading slower. My brother informed her that this was impossible.
She was incredulous.

Where do they get these people?

Richard Hollos