[lug] Advice for a incoming Colorado newbie

Jeff feenix at ticnet.com
Mon Jan 5 19:32:00 MST 2004

I regularly use both VPN &  ssh to various locations, all outside of the
comcast network.  I have Comcast internet & TV; no real complaints.
Like the speed and have basic cable, which is all I need.

Jeff

D. Stimits wrote:
> David Anselmi wrote:
>
>> D. Stimits wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > Comcast cable is nice to have.
>>

>> D, what do you think of this:
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13343
>>
>> Seems that Comcast doesn't allow some things like VPN.
>>
>> So at least check the terms of service closely.
>

> I've never used a VPN outside, so I've never noticed this. In any case,
> an SSH tunnel would probably do the job. I use scp on a regular basis,
> and sometimes ssh, which works fine. So I guess it depends on what your
> needs are.
>
> D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net

Be really good to your family and friends. You never
know when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan.