[lug] ls killing ssh

Michael Wegener mwegener at knowledgefactor.com
Thu Jan 22 22:25:58 MST 2004

I have a machine that when you ls in /etc/init.d, it kills ssh. This seems a
tad weird, but it's very consistent. Of course, I can't be sure I see what
may be causing this unless I get on a console, but an "ls l" stops at httpd.
The sshd process keeps running, but not ls, and the terminal stops
responding. I've also seen this using another ssh interface, so I don't
think it's PuTTY which I'm using when I see this. Any ideas what would cause
this?

--M
Michael

Michael Wegener, Director of Technology

Knowledge Factor

Information into Advantage

303-748-8313 Mobile

mwegener at knowledgefactor.net

www.knowledgefactor.net

This E-mail message and attachments are for the sole use of the intended
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail,

---