[lug] Backing up windows servers to Linux tape

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Mon Jan 26 13:36:27 MST 2004

Veritas NetBackup is one option.  There are not that many backup systems
that run on Linux (as a server) and do a proper job of backing up a
Windows box.  I've done it with Amanda, Samba and tar, but that's the
bailing wire and bubblegum solution.  Good luck ever restoring ACLs
properly with that setup.  (And that's not a good plan when dealing with
HR data.)

-Rob