[lug] Performance Issues with syslog Shell Interface?

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Wed Feb 4 10:02:56 MST 2004

My question was actually more basic--is it more expensive to redirect to
syslog than a file (I'm told it is).

There is a fair amount of logging by Tomcat and 3rd-party libraries that
I have yet to figure out how to stop.  But after some minimal testing
(we're having trouble convincing the PTB of the need for a proper test
environment :-(, I'm going to try it out.

Thanks for your responses,
Dhruva

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 at 16:05 -0700, Nate Duehr soliloquized thusly: