[lug] Graph Drawing Software

Philip Cooper Philip.Cooper at openvest.org
Thu Feb 12 14:05:27 MST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 02:11:43AM -0500, Zichary O`Tea wrote:
> I'm looking for something that will draw Graphs -- the edges and vertices
> variety, not bar graphs or anything.
>
> It would be very nice if I could get feed it soem lines describing edges a
> vertices and have it do some hip pretty printing and have that be that.
>
> Any recommendations?

It depends on what environments your interested in.  I refer LaTeX
based solutions.  If pdf is your final destination that look at
ReportLab which is python based.  They have a markup type language
that might suit you well.

With more info on your input and output requirement I can opine
further.  Otherwise for the best roundup of presentation software I've
seen check out:
http://www.miwie.org/presentations/presentations.html

--
Philip J Cooper CFA