[lug] psuedo OT: advice on learning clusters

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sat Feb 21 10:25:58 MST 2004

My company bought a 128 processor linux cluster a while back which has
idled due to resource constraints.  I'm a fair linux admin w/ not much
programming background or cluster experience.  I'm curious to know if
there are some standard starting points (e.g. definitive guide for
parallel computing) for developing proficiency in both administrating a
cluster and using it as well.

I guess I'm asking what the right/preferred manuals are so I can RTM.

Hugh