[lug] OT power line communication

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Feb 23 18:49:01 MST 2004

* Paul E Condon (pecondon at peakpeak.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 12:37:43PM +0000, BOF wrote:
> HF is 3 to 30 MHz. VHF is 30 to 300MHz. Are you aware of any technical
> reason why new developments might make use of these frequencies on
> open wires possible? Is this *really* what the FCC is proposing to
> test? And not really much bandwidth anyway. It sounds crazy. Unless,
> of course, it will screw more Democrats than Republicans. (Not likely.
> The same laws of physics apply. But who knows what they think.)
>
> --
> Paul E Condon
> pecondon at peakpeak.com

Perhaps 3 to 300 MHz is easy to generate?  I suspect the noise they will
spew forth with BPL is ignored for two reasons:  relatively localized,
thus no large business interests will be immediately harmed.  The
second, this is just another fine example of bought and paid for
politicians and/or legislation:  the folks writing the regulations are
the folks that are going to be regulated.  They want to get rich off BPL
-- why the hell would they care about interference.

There I go again, being a cynic.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==