[lug] Rather disturbing

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 26 15:41:02 MST 2004

I reset my computer today after it hung up and I've noted two problems
since the reboot.

1.  All my opera bookmarks and settings look to be the default values.
Actually, now that I'm looking again, there are no bookmarks at all.

2.  I ran tin to check some news and the listed newsgroups I subscribe
to had changed to partial lines of data from a data file I recognize.

SuSE 9.0 w/ReiserFS

Wow, what else happened?  Luckily I write to tape every night, so if
that process has been working I should be OK, but I guess I'm a little
surprised a journaling FS seems to have gotten pretty screwed up.

BTW, what is the opera bookmark file called?

Gary