[lug] Mailbox filtering/extraction software

Chris Riddoch chris-blug at syntacticsugar.org
Fri Mar 26 16:59:02 MST 2004

rm at fabula.de writes:
> i need to extract all mails from a mailing list out of my mailbox.
> Is there any tool that's easily used for this? I think i can hack
> up a perl thingy pretty fast but would hate to find out that there's
> one of these nice commandline tools hanging arround on my box that's
> meant to do exactly this job ....

There's grepmail: http://grepmail.sourceforge.net/
and mboxgrep: http://mboxgrep.sourceforge.net/
and formail, included with the procmail distribution.

If you feel compelled to use Perl, I'd recommend the Mail::Box
modules.  http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/

They're decent. I'm using them for my project.

--
epistemological humility
   - Chris Riddoch -