[lug] Mutex destroy failure - USB Card Reader

Trent Turner trentturner at comcast.net
Sat Mar 27 09:43:46 MST 2004

Good Morning!

	I am trying to get a USB SD/MMC card reader to work under Fedora Core 1
- Krud 2004-03

	I get the following message after adding a line to /etc/fstab for the
reader:

	mount Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

	Can anyone help me get past this error?

TIA,
Trent

	Here are some more details:

	I have followed the instructions at this website:
http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~ggbaker/personal/cf-linux  (THANKS Greg for very
clear & easy to follow instructions!)

	Basically, it involved installing sg3_utils, & running sg_scan & sg_map
to determine the device name(?) of my reader.  I found it in all the
prescribed ways:

	cat /proc/bus/usb/devices  - showed the reader as a device known to
linux

	sg_scan -i  - showed the device /dev/sg0 as a USB Disk Drive with lots
of unknown parameters

	sg_map - showed /dev/sg0 mapped to /dev/sda

	so then to be able to mount the device, i got into root, edited my
/etc/fstab with the following line:

	/dev/sda1 /mnt/flash vfat noauto,user 0 0

	Upon exiting the editor (Kate - I have yet to master a real linux
editor & prob wont given my keyboard layout ;-)  I got the following
tacky message:

	mount Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

	I had used 'su' to get into root from a shell console & then edited the
file w/'kate /etc/fstab'.  I did this to avoid having to login as root.

	It took me a while to figure out that this message was a result of
updating /etc/fstab.  Since I was in root, I'm thinking this is not an
access problem to the /mnt directory.