[lug] GPL question

Paul Nowosielski Paul at danamusic.com
Wed Mar 31 19:40:01 MST 2004

Hi all,

    I have a GPL question I was hoping some one can help with.
I was under contract with a company here in Boulder to refurbish their
website.  I used PHP_NUKE, OSCOMMERCE and wrote several cool
modules/hacks to meet the companies needs.

 The company was made to understand that it would save money to use GPL
code and I was given permission to GPL all of my code. Now the company
wants me to roll out of the GPL for all the modules that I've built and
worse yet 1/2 the code is already on Sourceforge.net .

 So my gut says its all GPL code I've written that uses open source as
the content engine and I *can't* un-GPL it (what ever that means) and my
code that hasn't been published needs to be GPL.

 Any thoughts, arguments or support would be appreciated,

--
Paul Nowosielski <Paul at danamusic.com>