[lug] Various Boot Problems

D. Frye dafr at peakpeak.com
Fri Apr 9 08:28:06 MDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 07:57:44AM -0600, Dhruva B. Reddy wrote:
} I just rebuilt my machine with a P4, Intel D865PERL mobo and a SATA
} drive.  I then installed Debian sarge (which comes with a 2.4.25 kernel)
} without a hitch.  However, I'm running into many problems upgrading to
} 2.6.4.

Dhruva,

Please excuse the very brief reply here, but I'm on the road at the
moment. I seem to recall that there was a problem with the 2.6.4 kernel
with respect to SATA drives. This was probably found on the NOVALUG
mailing list.

With a cursory glance at the changelog for the 2.6.5 kernel, I see a few
mentions for SATA, so you may want to start there, and possibly move to
this new version.

David

--
D. Frye