[lug] WordPerfect for Linux is back --- more or less

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Thu Apr 29 16:15:23 MDT 2004

As for the startup lag...

Don't know about other distros, but the OpenOffice Debian package
starts up lazily--you just get a blank window, then you have to start up
the desired component (Writer, Calc, Impress, etc.).  It's an
improvement, but I still notice quite a lag even on my P4 2.8GHz box
(about 10 seconds).

Emacs in YaTeX comes up instantly :-)

Last dig (for today), I promise!
-d

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 at 17:31 -0400, Michael D. Hirsch soliloquized thusly: