[lug] DSL modem recommendation (was Re: DSL ISPs and More...)

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu May 6 14:27:50 MDT 2004

Qwest will tell you that you need the Actiontec modem and they will want to
sell you one (for around $60).  If you only don't like the wireless feature
then you can turn the radio off (default configuration).

I feel that it is a quite reasonable buy given its features.  It gets you the
usual firewall (even web page blocking) along with DSL service and 802.11g (if
you turn that on).

Ferdinand

--On Thursday, May 06, 2004 12:23:32 PM -0600 "William D. Knoche"