[lug] KDE windows rolling up

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Thu May 13 21:49:42 MDT 2004

On Thursday 13 May 2004 07:38 pm, Elyse M. Grasso wrote:
> > if you mouse away, the window will remain unshaded if you have seceded).
> > Slightly annoying behavior to me, but I guess somebody likes it.

Err, that should be *succeeded*.  I am not sure how a double click could lead
to secession.  I've got to pay attention when the spell-check asks me
questions.

> Now to see about lynching the idiot who decided to call this behavior
> "shading".

It is a somewhat counterintuitive name, that is for sure.  Also, it behaves
the opposite of a window shade, sort of.  Oh well.

This is a problem with UIs --features that some people love, some hate -- and
when you first run into a feature, it can be bewildering.  Especially when
you don't even know what to call said feature.

But, unlike the average 'polished' UI, KDE at least lets you tweak a lot of
these things.  So that if you are patient, you can get the system the way you
like.

I love all these options -- but that one I don't use.  I thought it was kewl
for about 5 minutes, and then just found it annoying and turned it off.

Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...