[lug] Website work for BLUG

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Tue May 18 10:04:30 MDT 2004

A couple of disclaimers--I'm not a designer by any means, and I don't
visit the site very often.  I, for one, like the simplicity of the site.
It's refreshing to have such a lightweight homepage, that you can
download through a dial-up connection.

I can't really think of anything I would like to see, content-wise.

On Mon, 17 May 2004 at 15:42 -0600, Chris Riddoch soliloquized thusly:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I'm beginning to think that the website is a bit of an embarassment to
> me; I don't update it regularly enough.  I realized, though, that
> there are a number of things that could be done to make it work
> better, in the way of automating things.  I've got some ideas of my
> own, but I'd like to see what you might like to do differently on the
> site as well.

If you want more automation, have you thought about a more formal
content management system (such as Zope)?  I don't have a solid
understanding of CMS's, but I would think it would be possible to set
this up without imposing any undesired restrictions on who can edit what.