[lug] comcast and multiple IPs

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Fri Jun 11 13:12:32 MDT 2004

I agree with Chip, and noted the option of putting stuff behind a
single firewall in my initial post.

As I recall, AT&T and Comcast have always made it clear to me that
they charge a bit extra, not for multiple computers but for multiple
IP addrs.  In this day and age, extra IP addrs are correlated with
extra headaches at their end (support or spam or whatever).  Not a big
deal to me to use NAT behind a router.  Just interesting to see that
it took them a long time to enforce this.

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett                 http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/
Signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  GPG/PGP Keyid: 2C9EBA60