[lug] comcast and multiple IPs

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 07:44:33 MDT 2004

..
> As I recall, AT&T and Comcast have always made it clear to me that
> they charge a bit extra, not for multiple computers but for multiple
> IP addrs

This is the thing. It *used* to be for multiple IP addresses. Now
multiple emails are one charge, and multiple IP's are a 2nd charge.
Default used to be 2 IP's no charge (dynamic) but with multiple emails,
and extra charge for up to 5 IP's (same number of emails). It is now
extra charge for multiple emails, and extra charge for every single IP
beyond 1. This was changed without notice, and comcast throws out all
records of any deals roughly 2 months older than today, wiping them
clean, as if they never existed. FYI, there are several things to which
proxy is not friendly, it is useful for anyone doing something beyond
web browsing and email to use separate IP's.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net