[lug] Redhat quotacheck

Jeffrey A. St. Pierre Jasp2 at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jul 14 15:52:22 MDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Dan Ferris wrote:

> Turn quotas off on the affected file system with quotaoff
>
> quotaoff /var/spool/mail
>
> Then run quotacheck
>
> Then turn quotas on.
>
> (I think the above is right, I don't really remember offhand, to much time on
> BSD where you don't have to do this).

OK.. tried that.  One issue though, while the quotacheck is
running, the filesystem appears to be read-only.  Is there a way
around this?  is that what the -m flag is for?

I know what you mean about BSD... same thing on Solaris, you can
run quotacheck whenever you want.

Thanks,

Jeff