[lug] New to the scene of RPM building.

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Tue Jul 20 14:20:27 MDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 01:50 pm, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
>On Tuesday 20 July 2004 12:02 pm, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
>> http://www.graphics-muse.com/musesig/download.html
>>
>> FYI - I just relaunched my web site and its very CSS oriented.  Firebird
>> and Galeon work well, but IE may not.  I haven't tried older browsers or
>> KHTML yet.

>It displays rather poorly in Konqueror.  Mostly the spacing is bad between
>components and they end up overlapping.  The backgrounds appear kinda dark
>for black text, but maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes are failing.

>Michael

I opened it in both Mozilla and Konqueror and the problem seems to be that
they are rendering with different fonts. Konqueror is consistently sans serif
and generally a larger point size.

For what it's worth, I think the Konqueror version is much more legible,
except for the places where things overlap because of the size differences.
The teensy italic white-on-brown text in the MuseSig box is really obnoxious
in the mozilla rendering, but Konqueror version is quite nice.

Looks like my fonts in Konq are specified as
Minimum 9 pts
Medium 11 pts
Standard Sans
Fixed Monospace
Serif Times
Sans, Cursive and Fantasy all Helvetica
Font size adjustment 0
Use Language Encoding

Mozilla is 1.4.1.
Fonts for Western
Proportional: Serif Size 16 pixels
Serif: serif
Sans-serif: san-serif
Cursive: serif
Fantasy: Serif
Monospace: monospace size 12 pixels
Minimum font size: None
Allow documents to use other fonts
Display resolution: system setting

I use Konq except for Web sites that won't work with it, so Mozilla's settings
are probably defaults and Konq's may have been customized somewhere along the
line. I suspect that if I changed Mozilla's minimum font size to something
legible, the display in Mozilla might break the same way Konq's is broken.

--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction