[lug] Subversion user auth question

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Jul 20 17:26:02 MDT 2004

Is anyone here using Subversion?  I set it up on a box and can do
anonymous checkouts but my configuration for an authenticated user
doesn't seem to work.  I put the following in my passwd-db file:

[users]
name = passwd

(with appropriate name and passwd substituted).  I added the following
to my svnserve.conf file:

realm = XEUS

When I use the svn client to checkout files it doesn't query me for the
realm or any other authentication information.  Isn't it supposed to ask
for a realm and user/password the first time, then cache that for
subsequent requests?  Also, is the "name" any name I choose and one that
will be provided by the client in some way?  Does "name" include a host
name or wildcards?  The documentation doesn't talk about this in much
detail.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com