[lug] New to the scene of RPM building.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jul 21 09:07:26 MDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 09:14, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> I suspect that my large fonts are destroying your layout.  Is there a way you
> can not hard code the layout?

Yes.  I can remove most of the font sizes and families and let users set
their own or take the defaults provided by the browser.  That's totally
against the whole Zen Garden philosophy, of course, but it is more
practical.

> If you'd like a screenshot I can provide one.

Please do send one.  I'd like to see how bad it is to determine if it
really requires some tweaking or not.  Aside from the use of georgia and
7/8pt fonts, the font settings shouldn't be exceptionally bad on
Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon or Konqueror.  Please send the snapshot directly
to me (off list):  mjhammel at graphics-muse.org.  Thanks.

Anyone got a Mac?  I'm really curious how it looks on Safari.  While I
don't much care if IE users can read it (most especially since Firebird
appears to work well on Windows), I would be interested in long term
ports of these projects to MacOS X, so having Safari users being able to
read the site is important.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com