[lug] Free faq systems with postgresql backends

Andrew Diederich diederic at boulder.net
Mon Aug 9 17:48:18 MDT 2004

I'm looking for a web faq / knowledgebase system that uses postgresql as a
backend.  (Specifically I'm trying to not use mySQL, so berkeley would be
OK, too.)  There are several that use mySQL but postgres seems to be less
common in this area.

Free is best, but not costing an arm and a leg is OK, too.  FAQMaker
(http://www.cgi-bin.com/cgi-bin/jump2.cgi?ID=2898) may be in this
category.

EGS (http://egs.sourceforge.net/) has come up in my searches,
but the documentation is . . . lacking and the demo is down, so I'm not
entirely sure what it does.

F2W (http://f2w.sourceforge.net/) may work, but it looks like it's geared
towards just doing helpdesk / ticket tracker work from the screenshots.

If anyone has heard about these, or has a favorite, I'd love to hear about
it.  Thanks for the help.

--
Andrew Diederich
diederic at boulder.net