[lug] FC2 cdparanoia

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 10 09:51:46 MDT 2004

I installed Fedora Core 2 some time back, and I notice that the ide-scsi
module is no longer part of the kernel.  Is this the case for all 2.6
kernels, or just the Fedora kernel package?  Can someone recommend the
easiest way to get ide-scsi back?

I'm having trouble with cdparanoia using the cooked_ioctl interface.
Specifically, after some kind of error part-way through a disc it
sometimes produces zero-filled output and indicates constant jitter
errors for the remainder of the tracks.  I'm hoping it's not the drive,
and I've heard the ATAPI interface can be buggy.