[lug] OT: wireless supplies in boulder

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Sat Aug 14 07:16:45 MDT 2004

On Saturday 14 August 2004 01:15 am, David Morris wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 12:31:07AM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
> > On Friday 13 August 2004 15:51, Nick Golder wrote:
> >
> > > JB Saunders here in Boulder should have the parts including the proper
> > > coax.  They are on a frontage road between Pearl and Arapahoe just east
> > > of Foothills Parkway.
>
> I (yet again <tee hee>) missed the thread beginning, but
> there are several less all-encompassing stores in the area.
> McGuckins (Boulder) has a fiar variety, though there isn't
> much reason behind the types of things they do or don't
> have.  There is also a computer supply shop near 88th and
> Wadsworth in Broomfield, though I forget its name.  Think JB
> Saunders dedicated to computer components.  Haven't been
> there in awhile, but I believe they are still there in
> business at the same location.
>
> --David

If you can't find something at McGuckins, ask... They used to keep some small
parts in cabinets in the back, not out on the display floor.  When I was
handbuilding my hardware years ago, I was able to get a strange I/O chip at
McGuckins that even JB Saunders didn't carry. Of course, this was a long time
ago...(MPX-16 computer kit from the Byte magazine Circuit Cellar).
--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction