[lug] Trying to locate a domain name owner

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed Sep 8 18:42:38 MDT 2004

I just tried to see if the domain gisnet.org was available, and at Network
Solutions they report that it isn't, but since there was no web server
connected to it I was wondering if there was any other way to find out
who owns it.

So I tried to find out but had no luck.  I tried 'host gisnet.org' and
'dig gisnet.org' to try and find an IP but got a 'no servers found' error.
I can find IPs for gisnet.com (which is me) and gisnet.net (which is an
ISP that periodically causes me some aggravation from people who can't
tell a dot net from dot com domain) but I can't seem to get any info on
gisnet.org.

Does anyone know how I can track this down?

- Bill Thoen