[lug] What Development Environments, Debuggers, also Documentation

Jason Davis mohadib at openactive.org
Wed Sep 29 20:24:56 MDT 2004

> On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 14:50, Gordon Golding wrote:
> > I'm going to be doing development with Java, PHP, html, a bit of javascript and POSTgres as database.  I'll be mostly on a Windows PC.
> >
> > Who has recommendations?
> >
> > I've been recommended JCreator for the Java parts and Edit+ for PHP and writing SQL directly to POSTgres.
> >
> > What are the best debugging environments for Java and/or PHP?
> >
> > Also - I think I asked this, but missed the answer.
> > Documentation:
> > What about JavaDoc?  Is it good?  Should I push it here?  Should it be a standard in every Java development house?
> > Thoughts?

Eclipse is the best java editor I have ever worked with. It does
everything a Java programmer could need. It does take a while to
get comfortable with the interface.

JavaDocs are nice ... they are so easy to comment for ...and are very
useful when you need a overview of a object or want to get a new
programmer up and going with your codebase...so you might as well
use them.

HTH,
jd