[lug] Need help getting my server off open relay lists

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Tue Oct 5 13:58:29 MDT 2004

Help! I'm running a qmail server that was, for a while, an open relay due
to my mis-configuration. I believe it is now pretty well locked down, and
I've tried using several available open-relay checkers on it, but they all
report a "possible" open relay due to certain kinds of malformed addresses.

The way I have this set up (with several virtual domains), all of these
result in an attempt to send mail to what is a nonexistent address on my
server. These do not result in a message being relayed, so I'm not sure
what to do to try to clear my "good name" with these lists. Can someone
suggest?

I would like to do selective relaying but currently it looks like I'm set
up for pop3-before-smtp which is OK as well.

-Mike

P.S. Please email me at deckm at cleansoft.com and not deckm7526 at yahoo.com --
that's only for relay testing :)

MAIL FROM: <deckm7526 at yahoo.com>