[lug] tomcat init scripts...lost email

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Fri Oct 29 01:15:19 MDT 2004

I've finally had some success installing FC2. What I had to do was
completely bypass all CDROM...I downloaded FC2 ISO's and put them on a
2nd machine's web server (private net), and used http install of FC2 but
with the KRUD CD starting the install (I have no way to get a clean ISO
of KRUD). All works perfectly when I install this way! It was even
faster and easier, as selecting each disk is automatic rather than
manually switching each CD...plus the 100 MBit net is apparently faster
than a 72x CDROM.

Well...in converting my email over, I ended up having to erase all the
RPM based Mozilla installs, and go with a tarball downloaded directly
from mozilla.org. During the process when the RPM version (from fedora's
core 2 update site) proved to be stubborn and would not open a compose
window, I lost my email for the day. Someone here had said they had
sample init scripts they had thrown together for tomcat on Redhat. I am
interested in getting a copy, but the original mail is gone the way of
the /dev/null inbox. Whoever had that script, could you send me a copy?
I'd been successful at a script that "./tomcat start" or "./tomcat stop"
worked on, but it would not actually work when added with chkconfig, it
was like it was totally ignored.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net