[lug] mailman and AV

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Nov 14 18:23:33 MST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 12:10:12PM -0700, Lee Woodworth wrote:
>D. Stimits wrote:
>>>        by new.community.tummy.com (Postfix) with SMTP id B93B720CCDA4
>>>        for <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>; Mon,  1 Nov 2004 23:09:33 -0700
>>>(MST)
>You can only rely on the very top Received: header since that is
>generated by final MTA. All the others are suspect since they can be
>created by the mail originator. In the case of the headers I posted, the
>top Received: header is from tummy.com.

Yeah, that's true in most cases, but you can probably rely on the next set
of headers as well, if you trust tummy.com.  Which you probably should.
;-)

I'll see what I can do about getting the ClamAV scanner plugin for Mailman
working tonight.

Sean
--
 "Engineering Tablets?  Does that mean if I swallow one, I'll be an engineer?"
                 -- Evelyn Mitchell