[lug] postfix "policy" question

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Sun Nov 28 19:37:47 MST 2004

This isn't for grey listing, but shows the mechanism config for postfix
version 2.1.5 (change the x.pl to whatever script you plan to use):

main.cf:
smtpd_delay_reject = yes       <-- optional
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
     check_policy_service unix:private/greylist

master.cf:
greylist  unix  -       n       n       -       -       spawn
   user=mailsys argv=/usr/bin/perl /var/spool/postfix/policy_check/x.pl

Create the directory
   /var/spool/postfix/policy_check
and copy the script x.pl to the directory. Set the ownership and
permissions of the policy_check dir and its files such that the unix
user mailsys can read/execute. It can be just group readable:
   drwxr-x---  2 postfix mailsys  policy_check
   -rwxr-x---  1 postfix mailsys  policy_check/x.pl

You should see the socket greylist in /var/spool/postfix/private after
restarting postfix. You may need to setup other things for postfix's
sample grey listing script.