[lug] fluidsynth process problems with lck patchset

Garett Shulman shulmang at colorado.edu
Mon Dec 13 18:27:22 MST 2004

Hello, I recently setup a new 2.4.28 kernel with the lck patchset and am
now having some strange issues with fluidsynth. If I just run it normaly
it works fine. However, If I use an & after the command to background
fluidsynth the process get emmediatly stopped (not killed, just
stopped). I can start other programs in this way without issue
(alsaplayer, and linuxsampler). Also, if I try to start fluidsynth from
a shell script with the & after the command in the shell script
fluidsynth appears to start but after it loads it seems to exit (or be
killed). I can see a single fluidsynth process when I ps right after
running the script, but after I see the fluidsynth initialization
messages a "ps -A | grep fluid" shows nothing. If anyone has any ideas
or suggestions as to ways I might trouble shoot this problem I would be
very appreciative. Thanks. -Garett