[lug] Good Book for Linux Beginners

Frank Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Wed Dec 29 20:13:53 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Queen" <svq at peakpeak.com>
To: "Boulder Linux Users Group -- General Mailing" <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 14:37
Subject: [lug] Good Book for Linux Beginners

> In the last couple of weeks, a number of people have asked
> me what a good book for Linux beginners might be. I have a
> number of books that I have come to rely on as references,
> but nothing I would recommend to a beginner. Does anyone
> have some suggestions?
>
> Stephen Queen

I'm partial to the Craig Hunt Linux Library series, but it depends what you
are using Linux for.  Most editions are dated 2000-2002, so are not the
latest.  Generally very good reviews and sensible in presentation.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-8602626-4447227

Frank Whiteley
Greeley