[lug] FC3 download problems - MD5SUM fails

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Mar 12 21:07:03 MST 2005

Michael Deck wrote:
[...]
> * download via wget http from kernel.org mirror, md5sum fails
> * download via ftp from fedora.redhat.org, md5sum fails all 4 .iso files

After the md5sum fails you can try rsync, either against the same source
or a different one.  Maybe that can find the bad blocks in the d/l and
replace them.  Otherwise maybe the md5 you're looking at is wrong (you'd
think FCn would know its own checksum though).

Perhaps you could try bittorrent.  I assume there are FC3 torrents out
there.

Debian uses a system called jigdo that allows the .iso to be built from
the mirror's repository (saves space on the mirror since it doesn't need
duplicate blocks in the repository and the .iso).  So once I've
downloaded an iso I can update it without having to d/l the whole thing.

Anyone know if bittorrent supports differential downloads like
rsync/jigdo do?

Dave