[lug] USB 2.0 PCMCIA/PCCard Adapter

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Tue Mar 15 09:23:13 MST 2005

Nick Golder wrote:
> I have been looking at USB 2.0 PCMCIA/PCCard adapters and have settled
> on a few candidates.  But before I buy, I thought I would check to see
> if any one is using or has used one and their thoughts on it.

Not as convenient as I would have liked.. For many USB devices, you need
to use an AC adapter with the card.. The PCCard slot's don't have enough
power to run external things. I even had trouble with a 1 gig memory stick.

I really wish you could just upgrade the USB slot's themselves -- if you
system has them to begin with.

Belkin's were very expensive compared to SIIG -- I have used both and
both worked equally well.

Cheers,
Michael