[lug] physical/logical network interfaces

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Tue Mar 22 12:44:58 MST 2005

1) Have you checked the module params on the eth driver
to see if you have to pass io address etc for the module
aliases to refer to different devices?

2) Are the IP addresses for the different NICs on the
same subnet and the same physical segment? If so,
routing gets more complicated. Maybe RH is making
assumptions that two addresses on the same subnet
are aliases on one NIC (the simpler case).

You may want to use these:
    ip route show
    ip addr show
    ip link show