[lug] Graphical clickable motd

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Fri Apr 1 14:44:05 MST 2005

I've get a system set up that is using the NoMachine software (kind of
cool actually), and need to set up a motd for gnome and kde to tell people
not to do compute intensive stuff on the terminal server.  I'd like the
motd/notice to be a little gui window with an OK button that pops up
everytime gnome/kde is started.

A quick and dirty would be to modify the splash screen, but it wouldn't
force the users to acknowledge it.  Does anyone have any ideas about how
to tie in to the gnome/kde session start up process?

thanks,

Hugh