[lug] logging missing 2.6 kernel modules

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Thu Jun 9 22:00:07 MDT 2005

I think 2.6 has switched to using /etc/modules.conf for
the init time module load. If you manually modprobe the modules
and don't get a complaint, the modules loaded ok and should show
up using lsmod. The standard place the kernel searches for modules
is /lib/modules/2.6.xxxx/ where xxxx is the remainder of your
version string from uname -r. Look in there for modules to
try loading by hand. Use modinfo to get param info for a module.

Do the kernel config process (e.g. cd /usr/src/linux; make menuconfig)
to see what drivers are available with the kernel.