[lug] yet more problems

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Mon Jun 13 13:21:29 MDT 2005

Augh.  I don't know if this is general Debian weirdness, due to
having to take down my window manager hard, etc.

I installed OpenOffice 1.1.3 last week.  It worked without
problems, although it was several annoyances.  (It can't print
envelopes worth ****, I haven't been able to find the control to
disable nagging me about saving my file, etc.)

Now when I try to bring it up it goes off into neverland.  Minutes
later, still nothing.

I reinstalled the package, to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this?

On a related note, how do I set my locale?  It says it can't find
locale "", but I set the LC_LOCALE (and to cover my bases LOCALE)
environment variables.

Thanks,

Bear