[lug] another quasi-debian problem: fvwm

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue Jun 14 10:43:15 MDT 2005

Nate Duehr wrote:
> This should be reported as a bug to the package maintainer.  Debian
> packagers are not supposed to do this.
>
> The sample configuration is probably from upstream. That should be
> reported there if it is, but the package maintainer should handle that
> for you too, if they're good.
>
> Nate

The installation script does make dire warnings, but I don't think
they're productive since they mostly focus on the system-wide
configuration files going away (replaced by per-user
configuration), not the radically different appearance.

I suspect what's really going on is that 2.5 is the development
branch for 3.0, but the maintainer has been tracking it and lost
track of how divergent it really is.

Bear