[lug] Samba or other non-Microsoft PDC ON Windows?

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Mon Jun 20 16:02:38 MDT 2005

I'm using KRUD/Fedora (mostly) and Windows XP Pro on a laptop where I need to
be able to do demos and admin script development for customers. The Windows
version of the product I support tends to get cranky if there isn't a Primary
Domain Controller around for it to talk to, which makes setting up a
standalone environment a pain (especially since XP networks have a strange
habit of coming unstuck).

There isn't a WinXP server option, and I'm not sure my laptop would continue
to function properly if it got buried under a MS server installation anyway.
Especially when all I want or need is the PDC functionality.

Has anyone heard of any PDC implementation for Windows other than Microsoft's?

--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science