[lug] geeky remote control coolness with amaroK

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Fri Jul 1 10:01:12 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 09:41 -0600, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>
> > amaroK is a really slick media player.
>
> I agree.  I started using it a few months ago, after years and years of
> XMMS, and never looked back.  It's got some way cool features-- things
> you look at and say, "huh, why didn't anyone else think of that?". :)

Note, though, don't play around with gstreamer if you like amarok.  I
needed some cutting-edge gstreamer to use with a program I wanted to try
and it broke amarok.  I mean *BROKE*.  Amarok starts up and then...bam!
Luckily, though I prefer amarok, I can use xmms/bmp just as well for my
limited needs.

Matt

--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/