[lug] Stale NFS data

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 8 15:43:24 MDT 2005

We have 4 RH8.0 NFS clients with ro mounts to a RH8.0 server
2.4.20-28.8smp.  The files on the server are changed once every 3 hours
by a remote rsync.  Following the rsync job, some clients still see the
old version of the file, even though it appears the timestamp has
changed.  The only way to get the clients back up to date is to remount
the filesystem.

Has anyone seen this before?  We tried the 'noac' option to mount_nfs,
but the resulting loads are too high and performance is dismal.