[lug] Need Advice on Domain Registration Services

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Fri Jul 22 09:31:52 MDT 2005

Bill asked:

> If I pay
> Network Solutions $95 to renew my domain registration, do I get that
> much more in security, services, etc. than if I go with GoDaddy, who
> wants only about $9?

I agree that NetSol is waaaaay overpriced, and can be a hassle to deal
with at times.  I used to use them for all my domains, but have since
switched everything away from them.

My experience with GoDaddy has been pretty negative.  I used them for a
few domains and SSL certs but was unimpressed with their customer
service, *very* unimpressed with their web tools and interface, and
generally felt like they proved once again that "you get what you pay
for."

As always, YMMV.

Jeff