[lug] Need Advice on Domain Registration Services

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Jul 22 09:22:39 MDT 2005

My domain name is coming up for renewal soon and I was thinking of
transferring it from Network Solutions to somebody else. The reason is
that NS wants quite a bit more money than some of the other domain hosting
services out there.

I was thinking of transferring to GoDaddy, but before I do that, I'd
thought I'd ask and see if anyone has any advice about this. If I pay
Network Solutions $95 to renew my domain registration, do I get that much
more in security, services, etc. than if I go with GoDaddy, who wants only
about $9? Seems to me they both offer the same essential service, but I
just wonder why NS charges ten times more that GD.

- Bill Thoen