[lug] Need Advice on Domain Registration Services

Alisdair Davey ard at pergamentum.com
Fri Jul 22 10:11:59 MDT 2005

Bill,

> My domain name is coming up for renewal soon and I was thinking of
> transferring it from Network Solutions to somebody else. The reason is
> that NS wants quite a bit more money than some of the other domain hosting
> services out there.

I have no experience of GoDaddy, so I'll not comment on that aspect of your
question. I will warn you that if by "soon" you mean less than 30 days you
will probably need to renew with NS before being allowed to transfer. I've
run into this problem a couple of times now whereby if I am close to the 30
day window, the process always seems to take long enough that I cross the 30
day window at which point it will fail.
Cheers
Alisdair

Dr Alisdair Davey                                 ard at pergamentum.com
Pergamentum Solutions                             Tel: 1-303-981-9838
2066 Dailey Lane
Superior, CO 80027